26 November, 2007

Finished...not yet

Learning collaboratively in relationship with others comes easy here at Dalkeith House. We are approaching our last few weeks of classes and the ready to be finished emotions are prevalent with all. However there is one final extended travel weekend. We are talking with each other about trips, bookings, and frustrations because UK based websites are not US credit card friendly.

In the beginning of the program our conversations were tentative, now these same conversations are full out. For example Angela asked me if my brother Andy travelled to Istanbul. Students know of my brother, the expat who lives in London, because he has been here on two different occasions. The last being our holiday weekend and he danced with us at the Ceildh. So Angela emails Andy about Istanbul and Andy emails Angela back. I am travelling to Barcelona and wonder aloud where a Spanish phrase book might be, students tell me it would not be of much use because of the lisp spoken in “Barthelona” with the Castilian emphasis. Ok, how does one get by…”you just do” they say. You see we are all teachers and learners at the same time.

THIS is what I love about being here. The sharing of information, the interest we have in each others lives, and experiences. We talk about our days, it resembles some sort of instant meal. Add water and mix. I will miss the ease in which we have come to know each other. Mostly I will miss our ways of learning. Photos are being taken, memory books put together, all the symbols that say to the world the fall 2007 Dalkeith crew was one of the best. Aren’t they all!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Katrina - Barcelona? I believe that may be next on our list! If you have a chance, please drop me a P.C. and bring back stories for a future journey to those parts. Have the BEST time! xoxo, Your travel buddy :~)